Dark Wish EA Roundup
- Topic Author
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Gamers need more information, this is great and I am happy to oblige. Here are some new notes that I have put together to give a rough over-view of where the game is now and where I want it to be for final release.
Early Access Notes
This information is a rough guide to the EA release. As the game changes only more content will be added.
- Dark Wish has approx 7 hours game-play to complete the main story directly.
- Procedural generation is used to provide randomly generated content.
- There are currently just over 40 types of animals, and 24 types of plants to see.
- There are roughly 24 set locations, with three town areas.
- There are currently 151 weapons in the game, and 19 armours. There are many other items such as headgear, backpacks, and charms.
- A new game plus mode is unlocked on the character when you end the story.
Early Access Road-map
The following ideas and plans are on the horizon for development in Dark Wish as it approaches full release.
- Removing the 'slow travel' on the Overworld, and using a fast travel with random interruptions.
- Soon after this, adding 'travel maps' that connect the over-world travel via game-play rather than menu.
- Adding caves or dungeon like side-areas to explore.
- A lot more town scenery content and better designed towns.
- This will then be used with a 'gathering' system for collecting materials or items, and a 'building' mode integrated into the game and quests for settlement building.
- Content expansion to add any new or needed dialogue, quests, locations, etc.
- A survival mode that allows endless play with rogue-like mechanics to accompany the story mode.
- Full Steam Workshop support for mods with modding guide and template examples.
Support and feedback is much needed to make sure I craft the game in the right direction.
Please drop you opinions and feedback to my crafty and awesome road-map, do you think Dark Wish is heading in the right direction?
Any support for this game is much appreciated, pick up a copy on Steam to help the development.
Please Log in to join the conversation.